PAMUA is run by parents of MUA students. Parent volunteers in partnership with students, teachers and administrators help plan, run, and participate in a wide variety of volunteer opportunities such as bringing families together for social and educational events, fundraising, helping chaperone class trips and much more. The time spent on volunteer opportunities ranges from a few hours a week or less. PAMUA gives great opportunities for parents to get involved with their children’s school life.
PAMUA is NOT responsible for the administration of the school. Any personal issues that parents have with MUA must be discussed directly with the school administrators. PAMUA will provide suggestions to the administrators on improving our children’s educational experience at Miftaahul Uloom Academy.
- Directing its financial, volunteer and organizational resources to broaden and supplement the educational environment of MUA students and faculty
- Communicating information essential to each family's participation in the daily life of the school
- Fostering a strong MUA community through parent involvement in programs, social gatherings, volunteer opportunities and special events
- Sponsoring safe social events for students
- Help promote Miftaahul Uloom Academy anywhere and everywhere
- Fundraising - PAMUA’s fundraising will be focused on specific projects for the school. For example, supporting the collection of funds for playground equipment.
Note: General fundraising for the school’s operating expenses and mortgage pay down is the responsibility of the Board of Trustees and school administrators. The general fundraising will be ongoing through the website, collections at the mosque, semi-annual fundraising, etc. PAMUA will provide support for the fundraising events.